Located on the northern bank of the Savannah River, North Augusta, South Carolina is home to a little over 21,000 people. People enjoy living here because they enjoy the best of both worlds, which in this case is its proximity to Georgia. Just an 11-minute drive from Augusta, Georgia, North Augusta has so much to offer residents and visitors alike.
One of the most notable attractions in the area is the Riverview Park Activities Center. Each year, they hold the Nike EYBL Peach Jam, which is a youth basketball tournament for male basketball players. If baseball is more your thing, there is also the SRP Park.
North Augusta, South Carolina Roofing Contractors
When you’re looking for roofing contractors near me to fix or repair your roof, you might feel a tad overwhelmed by the number of roofing companies available for you to choose from. This is a big decision and as such, you’ll want to do a bit of research before picking the first roofing company that pops up in your Google search for ‘roofing companies near me,’ to ensure you secure the best roofers for the job.
You’ll want to find a roofing company that’s trustworthy, honest, and professional. With this in mind, there are 10 things you should keep in mind when you’re in search of roofing contractors:
- Make sure that the company you choose is local to your area. Not only are you less likely to be scammed, but these roofing contractors are more familiar with local codes and regulations.
- Look for manufacturer designations. This means that the roof contractor passed certain minimum requirements so they’re certified. You’ll especially want to do this if you’re working with standing seam metal roofs. This is because metal roofing installation is a bit different from installing shingles on a roof.
- When you’re looking for roofing near me, make sure you check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. You want to avoid anyone who doesn’t have a listing on the BBB or whose listing is less than satisfactory.
- Find a contractor who is able to provide you with a warranty. This way, if something goes wrong with the roof, you’re not left paying for it out of your own pocket.
- Be sure to ask about insurance. They should be able to validate that their employees and subcontractors are covered by providing you with the insurance certificate.
- Check the contractor’s licensing. This is something that most states do require but it doesn’t stop some unscrupulous contractors from trying to pull one over on unsuspecting homeowners.
- Always pay your insurance deductible. If a contractor claims this is unnecessary, they’re not only committing insurance fraud but could also hurt you, the homeowner.
- Handle your own claim instead of allowing the contractor to do it for you. This is important because the contractor could potentially be breaking the law.
- Never allow a contractor to pressure you into signing a contract before you’ve spoken with your insurance company. Your contractor should thoroughly examine your roof to make sure nothing was missed by the insurance adjuster.
- It’s in your best interest to know what roofing options are available to you. This is important because it can affect your home’s resale value.
Roofers Servicing North Augusta, South Carolina
When you’re in need of leaking roof repair, you may feel as though you need to hurry up and choose the right roofers near me for the job. However, it’s important for you to understand what it is you’re being charged for so that you don’t get taken advantage of.
You should know that there are several things that’ll directly affect the cost of your roof repair. These are things that the best roofers will look at when determining your roof replacement cost.
They include but are not limited to:
- The size of your home
- The roof’s slope or pitch
- What roof materials will be installed, especially if you’re dealing with standing seam metal roofs, which are most costly than a shingle roof
- Whether you need to have your old roof removed or it’s possible to install a roof over the top of the one you already have on your home
- Any permits and fees that are necessary: In Georgia, a contractor’s license is required. This is a basic residential license that you’ll want to make sure your roofer has prior to starting on your job.
- What the cost of local labor is
- If there’s any water damage: Significant water damage can drastically change the scope of your project from a simple repair to a total roof replacement.
- Any chimneys or skylights that must be worked around will increase your project’s cost.
- If there’s any flashing around your home’s chimney that must be replaced
Different types of roofing shingles will vary in price. These are sold and priced out according to “squares and bundles.” This is something that roofing companies near me will usually mention when discussing your estimate. It’s important to note that one square of shingles will cover 100 square feet.
As the cost of roofing near me adds up, you may find yourself wondering what payment options you have available to you. Honestly, it depends on why you’re replacing your roof.
Your insurance policy will cover the cost of roof replacement if it was damaged by a storm, fire, or theft. However, if your roof is in poor condition due to its age or lack of proper maintenance, then most likely, your insurance will not cover the cost of repairs.
Fortunately, most roofing companies do offer financing and other payment plans. This helps to make the overall cost of replacing your roof much more reasonable since it’ll spread out the cost over several months or years.
Your other option is to apply for a property improvement loan, which are special loans that the government offers. However, with these, you’ll need to pay attention to the interest rates as they can add up in the long run. There’s no harm in looking into these loans and their requirements though.
R.L. Hayes Roofing & Repairs is proud to serve the North Augusta community with their roofing needs. If you find yourself searching for the best roofing company near your home online, you should look no further than us here at R.L. Hayes Roofing & Repairs. We have more than 35 years of experience working in this area’s roofing business. Contact us today to schedule a time when one of our professional roofing contractors can come to your home, assess your maintenance needs and give you an estimate. You can do so by visiting us online or by calling us at 706-869-1193 or 706-564-2616.